Friday, January 16, 2009

Joaquin Phoenix....the Rapper?


For those who don't know, a while ago Joaquin Phoenix announced that he quit acting to pursue a career in music. Most people (like me) naturally assumed he'd be going the acoustic Johnny Cash-esque route. Hey, it worked for Steven Seagal *rolls eyes*. Well according to a few articles and a video, he's working with P Diddy and it's going to be a rap album. It conflicts with previous reports that he was working with Tim Burgess from The Charlatans.


WTF

Not only that, but he wants to do a documentary on himself about his transition from movies to rapping. It's to be directed by his brother-in-law, a certain actor known as Casey Affleck. I know, I know, you're thinking "You've got to be kidding me". I barely believe it myself. Then I saw the video. I also saw pictures of him rapping and Affleck taking video of him around November of 2008...so it may all be true after all.

He looks like a younger Greg Dulli if he got heavier into drugs and quit shaving. Maybe he's going for a Serpico / The Dude look.

Anyways, the first day of shooting reportedly starts tonight at a show he's doing in Las Vegas.


1 comment:

Gab O. said...

Doesn't anyone else think he's just being an ass and laughing at anyone who actually believes this? I mean, maybe he's really just doing this for fun and people believe it... I don't know... THAT would be hilarious.