Sunday, November 9, 2008

Max Bemis Finishes 120 Songs for Fans

Max and his most recent tattoo, a rendering of Johnny Cash. "I'm a big fan and lately I've been relating to him a lot in my life. His path, and his spiritual stuff, and going through a really dark time and falling in love."

Wow.

That is an astounding number.

For those of you who don't know, Max Bemis from Say Anything opened a Song Shop on the Say Anything website. For $150, and a paragraph about what you want the song to be about, you can get your own personalized song written and recorded by the man himself. I think it's a really cool thing to do for fans, and the songs aren't just some basic chords cobbled together. From what I've heard, there's some thought and effort put in each song. They're not that long or as orchestrated as songs on an album, but they were never meant to be. It's something that you can have and say "One of my fave musicians wrote a song for ME!".

That's just pretty damn nifty.

The song shop has been put on hold for now since Say Anything is getting ready to work on their new album.

No comments: