Saturday, October 25, 2008

Alone II: The Home Recordings of Rivers Cuomo



Apparently, Rivers Cuomo is releasing another album full of old unreleased songs. It's up for pre-order on Amazon. Here's the tracklist:

1. Paperface - 1992
2. I've Thrown It All Away - 1993
3. Don't Worry Baby (Beach Boys cover) - 1993
4. The Purification Of Water - 1992
5. I'll Think About You - 1994, a contender for Rivers' 'Homie' record in 1997
6. Walt Disney - 1995
7. Come To My Pod - Songs From The Black Hole
8. Oh Jonas - Songs From The Black Hole
9. Please Remember - Songs From The Black Hole
10. The Prettiest Girl In The Whole Wide World - 1997, contender for The Green Album later on
11. I Want To Take You Home Tonight - 2002
12. I Was Scared - 2003, early contender for Make Believe
13. Bad Girl - 2006, an early version of 'The Angel And The One'
14. My Day Is Coming - 2006
15. I Don't Wanna Let You Go - 2007
16. Softies - 2008

I had no idea he was going to do another one. I mean the last one was alright. I enjoyed it. It was a decent collection. There were only a few songs skip-worthy and those were generally near the end of it. I don't know how I feel about another one. I'm excited that it has a few more tracks from "Songs from the Black Hole", the unreleased Weezer concept album between Blue and Pinkerton. Other than that, I don't know how excited I can really be. There could be some diamonds in the rough, but that's all I can hope for.

No comments: